CORTLANDT, N.Y. – Edward W. Murray of Buchanan died Jan. 10 at Hudson Valley Hospital Center. He was 98.
Born May 21, 1914, in Verplanck, he was the son of Edward and Anastasia Murray. He was a lifelong resident of Buchanan and Verplanck. He was married to Julia Driscoll Murray, who predeceased him.
He worked as a supervisor and later a traffic manager for Standard Brands in Peekskill. After retiring, he worked as a consultant for the Standard Brands corporate office in New York to provide historical information for the legal department.
A Navy veteran, Murray served as a chief boatswain's mate in the Atlantic fleet at Solomons, Md., during World War II. In his retirement, he enjoyed traveling, family gatherings, the New York Yankees, the New York Giants and sitting by the Hudson River.
Murray is survived by two daughters, Sharon (David) Klebe of Monroe, Conn., and Kathleen Harrison of Pine Bush, N.Y.; a grandson; many nieces and nephews; and his friend and caregiver of many years, Cesare Pasquale.
A Mass of Christian burial was celebrated Monday at St. Patrick's Church in Verplanck. Edward F. Carter Funeral Home handled arrangements.
- 1 Popeyes Pub In Cortlandt Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 2 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 3 Erratic Vehicle Complaint Results In Corlandt Man's Arrest
- 4 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case Involving Mohegan Lake Pet Shop Owner
- 5 Mohegan Lake Man Faces DWI Charge After Crash