CORTLANDT, N.Y. – Edward W. Murray of Buchanan died Jan. 10 at Hudson Valley Hospital Center. He was 98.
Born May 21, 1914, in Verplanck, he was the son of Edward and Anastasia Murray. He was a lifelong resident of Buchanan and Verplanck. He was married to Julia Driscoll Murray, who predeceased him.
He worked as a supervisor and later a traffic manager for Standard Brands in Peekskill. After retiring, he worked as a consultant for the Standard Brands corporate office in New York to provide historical information for the legal department.
A Navy veteran, Murray served as a chief boatswain's mate in the Atlantic fleet at Solomons, Md., during World War II. In his retirement, he enjoyed traveling, family gatherings, the New York Yankees, the New York Giants and sitting by the Hudson River.
Murray is survived by two daughters, Sharon (David) Klebe of Monroe, Conn., and Kathleen Harrison of Pine Bush, N.Y.; a grandson; many nieces and nephews; and his friend and caregiver of many years, Cesare Pasquale.
A Mass of Christian burial was celebrated Monday at St. Patrick's Church in Verplanck. Edward F. Carter Funeral Home handled arrangements.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Knife-Wielding Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan In Cortlandt, Police Say
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Cortlandt Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'