CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – Christine E. Birdas-Garzione, a resident of Tomkins Cove, N.Y., and former Cortlandt Manor resident, died July 24. She was 62.
Birdas-Garzione worked as an editor for many years, retiring from M.E. Sharpe in Armonk. She had a love for old movies and would participate in local theater performances. She was also an avid reader and a supporter of the Humane Society.
Birdas-Garzione is survived by a sister, Leah (Anthony) Serina; a niece and a nephew.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at E.O. Curry Funeral Home in Peekskill, where a service will be held at 8 p.m.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Knife-Wielding Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan In Cortlandt, Police Say
- 4 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester
- 5 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents