BUCHANAN, N.Y. – Catherine Evelyn Greene of Buchanan died Dec. 9 at Calvary Hospital in the Bronx. She was 100.
Greene was born Feb. 8, 1912, in Brooklyn to Bernard and Catherine Broderick Greene. She was member of the Catholic Daughters of America and the Buchanan Seniors Club.
She was a lifelong daily communicant of St. Christopher's Church, where she was the senior member of the Rosary Altar Society and Parish Council.
Greene is survived by a niece, Kathleen McGuire Valentine, of Arizona; and many grandnieces and grandnephews. She was predeceased by six brothers and two sisters.
Visitation is 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at Cortlandt Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at noon Wednesday at St. Christopher's Church in Buchanan. Burial will follow at Assumption Cemetery in Cortlandt Manor.
- 1 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Croton Actor Lands Role In" Moonlight And Magnolias" In Greenwich
- 5 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing