BUCHANAN, N.Y. – Catherine Evelyn Greene of Buchanan died Dec. 9 at Calvary Hospital in the Bronx. She was 100.
Greene was born Feb. 8, 1912, in Brooklyn to Bernard and Catherine Broderick Greene. She was member of the Catholic Daughters of America and the Buchanan Seniors Club.
She was a lifelong daily communicant of St. Christopher's Church, where she was the senior member of the Rosary Altar Society and Parish Council.
Greene is survived by a niece, Kathleen McGuire Valentine, of Arizona; and many grandnieces and grandnephews. She was predeceased by six brothers and two sisters.
Visitation is 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at Cortlandt Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at noon Wednesday at St. Christopher's Church in Buchanan. Burial will follow at Assumption Cemetery in Cortlandt Manor.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Cortlandt Skies Sunday
- 2 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Cortlandt, NOAA Predicts
- 3 Cortlandt Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Cortlandt Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend