CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – Barbara Ann Palmietto of Cortlandt Manor died Dec. 24. She was 73.
She was born July 17, 1939, in New York City to Eugene and Charlotte Wetsel Myers.
She graduated from James Madison University with a bachelor's degree in business and worked as an executive secretary at IBM Research for many years.
Palmietto then worked as a librarian at Furnace Woods School for more than ten years and retired from Northern Westchester BOCES as an administrative assistant.
She loved to work in her garden and was an avid New York Giants and Mets fan.
She is survived by three children, David Palmietto, Cynthia (Rick) Russo and Michele (Kevin) Reilly; two sisters, Dottie (Keith) Dougherty and Ginny (Gene) Popiolek; and five grandchildren.
Visitation and a funeral service were held Wednesday at Edward F. Carter Funeral Home in Croton-on-Hudson. Burial of ashes will take place at a later date at Woodbine Cemetery in Harrisonburg, Va.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made to the American Heart Association.
- 1 Route 6 Stretch Reopens After Accident Involving Tractor Trailer
- 2 Police Issue 72 Tickets In Cortlandt Route 9 Detail
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Northern Westchester Estate
- 5 Plane Crashes After Takeoff In Wappingers Falls