VERPLANCK, N.Y. - Anthony "Teenie" Tonich of Verplanck died Tuesday, Aug. 5. He was 80.
Tonich was born Jan. 23, 1934, to Michael and Mary (Babich) Tonich in Peekskill. He attended Hendrick Hudson High School, then joined the United States Marine Corps and served during the Korean War. He was a parishioner of St. Patrick's Church in Verplanck, lifetime member of the Our Lady of Mount Carmel Society, lifetime member of the Verplanck Fire Department and member of the B.P.O.E. #744 in Peekskill.
Tonich is survived by his wife, Dorothy; children, Anthony D. and Robin Ann Neumann; and six grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; son, Michael Anthony; five sisters; and a brother.
Calling hours are Friday, Aug. 8, from 6-9 p.m. at the Edward F. Carter Funeral Home, 170 Kings Ferry Road, Montrose. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at St. Patrick's Church in Verplanck. Prayers of Interment will follow at St. Patrick's Cemetery also in Verplanck.
For more information, please visit: http://www.efcarter.com
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Knife-Wielding Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan In Cortlandt, Police Say
- 5 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents