VERPLANCK, N.Y. - Anthony "Teenie" Tonich of Verplanck died Tuesday, Aug. 5. He was 80.
Tonich was born Jan. 23, 1934, to Michael and Mary (Babich) Tonich in Peekskill. He attended Hendrick Hudson High School, then joined the United States Marine Corps and served during the Korean War. He was a parishioner of St. Patrick's Church in Verplanck, lifetime member of the Our Lady of Mount Carmel Society, lifetime member of the Verplanck Fire Department and member of the B.P.O.E. #744 in Peekskill.
Tonich is survived by his wife, Dorothy; children, Anthony D. and Robin Ann Neumann; and six grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; son, Michael Anthony; five sisters; and a brother.
Calling hours are Friday, Aug. 8, from 6-9 p.m. at the Edward F. Carter Funeral Home, 170 Kings Ferry Road, Montrose. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at St. Patrick's Church in Verplanck. Prayers of Interment will follow at St. Patrick's Cemetery also in Verplanck.
For more information, please visit: http://www.efcarter.com
- 1 Cortlandt Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Man Charged With DWI In Briarcliff Wrong-Way Crash
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Cortlandt
- 5 Paulin Reflects On Sexual Assault Of Montrose Resident