CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Cortlandt, Buchanan and Croton last week:
- New York state police charged a Croton woman with petty larceny and forgery after she was accused of stealing and using checks from a family member, officials said.
- Justin Wagner, Democratic candidate for State Senate in the 40th District, said he would oppose turning over parkland for the Algonquin pipeline expansion.
- The Cortlandt Town Board rejected five bids placed on in-rem properties last week at an auction because they did not cover the value of the properties or the amount owed on back taxes, reports
- The fisherman who died after falling into the Croton Falls Reservoir on Tuesday was identified as John Scales, a 73-year-old Manhattan resident, according to a New York City Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) official.
- A pair of accidents snarled the Monday morning commute in Westchester County. Both north and southbound lanes of Route 9 were closed just south of the Bear Mountain Parkway after a truck rolled over.
- 1 Croton Man Charged After Crashing Boat Into Verplanck Sea Wall
- 2 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 3 Rape Victim From Montrose Details Obstacles She Faced Securing Justice
- 4 Body Pulled From Hudson ID'd As Missing Kayaker In Murder Case
- 5 Police Make Second Cortlandt BWI Arrest Over Holiday Weekend