WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Learn Medicare basics this fall through a series of free workshops provided by the Westchester County Department of Senior Programs and Services.
Residents can register to learn more about Medicare parts A, B, C and D and how to use elderly pharmaceutical insurance coverage, known as EPIC, a state-sponsored plan that helps eligible seniors pay for their prescriptions. Caseworkers from Senior Programs and Services will also address cost sharing and preventive benefits during the workshops.
The workshops take place Sept. 27, Oct. 24, Nov. 15 and Dec. 4 at the County Office Building at 9 S. First Ave. in Mount Vernon. The sessions are from 10 a.m. to noon in the eighth-floor conference room.
To register, call the Senior Programs and Services Medicare information line at 914-813-6100. For more information, visit the U.S. government site for Medicare, www.medicare.gov, or call 800-633-4227, the federal government’s Medicare hotline.
The Department of Senior Programs and Services reminds seniors that enrollment for Medicare Part D for 2012 will take place this year from Oct. 15 to Dec. 7 for plans to take effect on Jan. 1, 2013.
- 1 Cortlandt Police Charge Suspect In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 3 Woman Charged With DWI After Accident In Cortlandt
- 4 Emergency Responders Rescue Injured Hiker Near Bear Mountain Bridge
- 5 Two Charged With Burglary At Cortlandt Elementary School