WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Learn Medicare basics this fall through a series of free workshops provided by the Westchester County Department of Senior Programs and Services.
Residents can register to learn more about Medicare parts A, B, C and D and how to use elderly pharmaceutical insurance coverage, known as EPIC, a state-sponsored plan that helps eligible seniors pay for their prescriptions. Caseworkers from Senior Programs and Services will also address cost sharing and preventive benefits during the workshops.
The workshops take place Sept. 27, Oct. 24, Nov. 15 and Dec. 4 at the County Office Building at 9 S. First Ave. in Mount Vernon. The sessions are from 10 a.m. to noon in the eighth-floor conference room.
To register, call the Senior Programs and Services Medicare information line at 914-813-6100. For more information, visit the U.S. government site for Medicare, www.medicare.gov, or call 800-633-4227, the federal government’s Medicare hotline.
The Department of Senior Programs and Services reminds seniors that enrollment for Medicare Part D for 2012 will take place this year from Oct. 15 to Dec. 7 for plans to take effect on Jan. 1, 2013.
- 1 Hendrick Hudson High Will Induct 2014 Hall-Of-Fame Class
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Cortlandt Skies Sunday
- 3 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Cortlandt, NOAA Predicts
- 4 Cortlandt Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester