WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The push to raise to 19 the legal age to purchase tobacco products in Westchester County continues behind Majority Leader Catherine Borgia (D-Ossining) according to the Westchester Business Journal.
Peter Fisher of the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids held a press conference with Borgia on Wednesday, April 2, and said approximately $289 million is spent on health care due to tobacco use every year, the Westchester Business Journal said.
- 1 Service Dog Stolen From Car In Cortlandt Town Center
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 Restaurateur Found Guilty Of Forcibly Touching Waitress