WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The push to raise to 19 the legal age to purchase tobacco products in Westchester County continues behind Majority Leader Catherine Borgia (D-Ossining) according to the Westchester Business Journal.
Peter Fisher of the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids held a press conference with Borgia on Wednesday, April 2, and said approximately $289 million is spent on health care due to tobacco use every year, the Westchester Business Journal said.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home