WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The push to raise to 19 the legal age to purchase tobacco products in Westchester County continues behind Majority Leader Catherine Borgia (D-Ossining) according to the Westchester Business Journal.
Peter Fisher of the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids held a press conference with Borgia on Wednesday, April 2, and said approximately $289 million is spent on health care due to tobacco use every year, the Westchester Business Journal said.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Cortlandt Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'