WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Westchester County Airport started to receive flights again Tuesday night, the first time since flights into and out of the airport were canceled Sunday in anticipation of Hurricane Sandy.
An airport spokesperson said airlines have told airport officials “they are operating flights tomorrow,” but they may not be on a full schedule.
The airport had been open and operational during Sandy, airport officials said, but is now running on backup generators. Officials are hopeful the airport will be restored to full power Wednesday around 4 p.m.
There are four Delta flights coming into the airport Tuesday night. No flights will be departing Tuesday.
He said customers should check with their individual airline about the status of their flights.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates on Hurricane Sandy.
- 1 Croton Man Charged After Crashing Boat Into Verplanck Sea Wall
- 2 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Is No Longer At Hospital
- 3 Rape Victim From Montrose Details Obstacles She Faced Securing Justice
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop