CORTLANDT - State Police arrested a town resident following a domestic dispute call Saturday at a residence in Verplanck. According to Cortlandt State Police troopers, upon arrival to the scene, Michael Massa, 30, of Verplanck, had already fled.
He was reportedly located a short time later by Investigator Sean J. Morgan and State Trooper James R. Stirpe with assistance from Buchanan and Peekskill Police. Massa allegedly threatened to kill a family member with a loaded firearm during the course of the dispute, according to police, and troopers recovered a loaded Smith and Wesson 9mm handgun from the scene.
Massa was charged with two counts of third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, a class D Felony, and one count of second-degree menacing, a class "A" Misdemeanor.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home