UPDATE: As of 3:40 p.m., 214 customers in the Town of Cortlandt were without power and 57 customers were without power in the Town of Yorktown.
CORTLANDT, N.Y. - Forty-two Con Edison customers in the Town of Cortlandt were without power Wednesday afternoon, as thunderstorms passed over the town, the utility said.
The outages were concentrated in the Mohegan Lake area of Cortlandt. Neither the Village of Croton-on-Hudson nor the Village of Buchanan had any reported outages as of 2:50 p.m. Wednesday.
Con Edison did not provided a time estimate for when service would be restored to the Mohegan Lake customers.
The utility also reported outages in nearby Yorktown, where 23 customers were without power.
A downed tree caused the Village of Croton to close Silver Lake Park on Thursday, July 19. The tree fell in the park's swimming area.
NWS issued an urban and small stream flood advisory for Westchester County until 4 p.m. Minor flooding is possible, where streams and creeks could rise out of their banks. "Property damage will be minimal," the advisory from NWS said.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Cortlandt Woman, 25, Is Charged With DWI
- 3 Man, Two Women, Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 4 Peekskill Man Stopped For Speeding Charged With DWI Under Leandra's Law
- 5 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes