This story was updated at 4 p.m. and 9 p.m. Monday.
CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – Three people were hurt, one critically, when they were involved in a one car accident at the intersection of Croton Avenue and Sassinoro Boulevard Monday afternoon around 12:30 p.m.
New York State Police said the driver Valon Rraci, 20, of Cortlandt Manor was heading south on Croton Avenue at “a high rate of speed” when he lost control of his 2003 White Mercedes Benz. The vehicle struck two utility poles and landed down an embankment on the west side of the roadway, according to police.
Police named Cortlandt Manor 18-year-olds Vincent McMorrow and Albert Tapia as the passengers during the crash.
All three victims were taken to Westchester Medical Center for treatment of their injuries. Though police did not originally identify the victims, one of them was said to be in critical condition, while the others were expected to be alright, State Police Capt. Michael Realmuto said Monday afternoon.
Realmuto said one of the victims is believed to be a Walter Panas High School student.
Furnace Dock Road in both directions was closed around 2:45 p.m. as police conducted an investigation. State Police in Cortlandt continue to investigate the crash.
Check back with The Daily Cortlandt for further details.
- 1 Two Charged With Stealing Power Tools At Cortlandt Home Depot
- 2 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Man In Yorktown
- 3 Police Investigating After Man's Body Is Found In Peekskill Creek
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam