CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Cortlandt, Buchanan and Croton this week:
- New York State Police charged a Yorktown man, Daniel J. Weber, 35, with fourth-degree grand larceny after he was accused of attempting to steal televisions from a Wal-Mart in Cortlandt, police officials said.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for the Republican nomination for governor.
- Peekskill Police arrested two people Jennifer Muniz, 28, and Malaka Garrett, 49, Peekskill residents in connection with heroin sales.
- A man reportedly bit off another man's nose during a fight in Peekskill, according to LoHud.
- Familiar names like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett topped Forbes Magazine's recent list of the richest people in the planet for 2014, but several names connected to Westchester County made the list as well.
- 1 Cortlandt Man One Of Four Charged After Alleged Gang Assault In Yorktown
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed