CORTLANDT, N.Y. - A vehicle driven by an 18-year-old woman overturned on Westbrook Drive in Cortlandt at about 12 p.m. Wednesday, Lake Mohegan Fire Department officials said.
The accident happened in front of 550 Westbrook Drive, Cortlandt. The woman reportedly refused medical attention from EMS personnel on the scene. She was the sole occupant of the vehicle.
Lake Mohegan Fire Chief Brian Wolert said the girl "took her eyes off the road for a second," before hitting a tree and shearing off a fire hydrant, which Wolert said caused her car to roll over and land on its roof. He said the girl lived nearby.
Wolert said New York State Police were on the scene, but police said they were unable to comment on the accident when The Daily Voice contacted the barracks at 1 p.m.
The accident was cleared approximately 45 minutes after the accident, said Wolert.
- 1 Father Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Thanks Community For Support
- 2 Investigators Await Toxicology Report In Death Of Croton's Lacey Carr
- 3 Croton Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 4 Hen Hud Graduate Contributes To College Softball Team's Success
- 5 Man Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth As Part Of Westchester Bust