VERPLANCK----Thousands of onlookers gathered on Eighth Street and surrounding roadways late Sunday night for a spectacular fireworks show that signaled the end of the 89th Annual Our Lady of Mount Carmel Italian Feast.
Children and adults, many munching on bags of zeppoles, gazed in amazement as the skies above the Hudson River exploded in a variety of colors for 30 minutes of non-stop entertainment. Always a crowd pleaser, the fireworks this year had an extra personal touch as Anthony Capicotti Jr. dedicated them to his late father, Anthony "Chubby" Capicotti, the heart and soul of the Our Lady of Mount Carmel Society for many years, who died last year. In fact, the show ended with a fluttering row of lights that gently hovered over the feast, seemingly as a sign that Chubby, who lived nearby, was indeed there in spirit.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Cortlandt On Wednesday
- 2 Taconic State Parkway Reopens After Closure In Dutchess
- 3 Cortlandt Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Hen Hud Schools Will Be Closed, Croton Schools Will Have Early Dismissal
- 5 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287