VERPLANCK----Thousands of onlookers gathered on Eighth Street and surrounding roadways late Sunday night for a spectacular fireworks show that signaled the end of the 89th Annual Our Lady of Mount Carmel Italian Feast.
Children and adults, many munching on bags of zeppoles, gazed in amazement as the skies above the Hudson River exploded in a variety of colors for 30 minutes of non-stop entertainment. Always a crowd pleaser, the fireworks this year had an extra personal touch as Anthony Capicotti Jr. dedicated them to his late father, Anthony "Chubby" Capicotti, the heart and soul of the Our Lady of Mount Carmel Society for many years, who died last year. In fact, the show ended with a fluttering row of lights that gently hovered over the feast, seemingly as a sign that Chubby, who lived nearby, was indeed there in spirit.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 5 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend