CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- State Senator Greg Ball (R, C, I – Patterson) released the following statement regarding Governor Cuomo's State of the State address:
"I greatly look forward to working with this Governor and Legislature to continue the good work we have started.
"We must be focused on the two things most important to New Yorkers, jobs and taxes. It is a breath of fresh air to hear that Governor Cuomo is focused on reforming our tax system to protect our seniors, small business owners, taxpayers, and working families.
"We have controlled spending, and in a very short period of time, we created a tax surplus. It is now time to pass those savings onto our residents by providing tax credits and cuts.
"I also would like to thank the Governor for supporting my NY Jobs For Heroes Program that will strengthen job opportunities for our service-connected disabled veterans.
"I am eager to work with my colleagues to pass the 4th consecutive early budget that controls our spending and invests in the future of our state and continue to move New York State forward."
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Knife-Wielding Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan In Cortlandt, Police Say
- 4 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester
- 5 Police Chase, Apprehend Robber At Cortlandt Town Center