YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- State Sen. Greg Ball (R- 40th District) will partner with Parents for a Common Cause to host a Common Core workshop at Lakeland Copper Beech Middle School in Yorktown Heights on Tuesday, Feb. 11 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The workshop will allow students to voice their opinion on the controversial new standards.
Ball has introduced a bill in the state Senate that calls for a three-year moratorium on new standards until issues can be resolved. He also has a petition on his website calling for an end to Common Core and it has received more than 5,2000 signatures to date.
“According to the federal government, Common Core was designed to provide a uniformed standard for students, preparing them for college and careers," Ball said in a statement. "Regardless of the good intentions, Common Core has become an Uncommon Disaster."
Any students who would like to participate in the workshop should contact Krista Gobins at 845-279-3773 or email@example.com.
Lakeland Copper Beech Middle School is at 3401 Old Yorktown Road in Yorktown Heights.
- 1 Croton Fire Department Battles Large Brush Fire At Croton Point Park
- 2 Fiancée Angelika Graswald Charged With Hudson River Murder Of Kayaker
- 3 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 4 Rain, Thunderstorms Could Be Coming To Cortlandt
- 5 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches