CROTON, N.Y. -- The Croton Fire Department responded to a gas leak at Carrie E. Tompkins Elementary School on Gerstein Street for the second time in just over a week on Saturday, according to patch.com.
Patch reported that the gas line was struck by a contractor working in the area. Fire officials worked to evacuate nearby residents from their homes until gas levels were deemed safe. Con Edison had the gas shut off and the situation under control within an hour.
Just eight days prior, the Fire Department responded to another call at the Tompkins Elementary School when a contractor broke a main gas line, according to patch.com. The area was once again evacuated until gas levels were deemed safe.