VERPLANCK, N.Y. – Sunday's thunderstorms forced the show-stopping fireworks display at the Our Lady of Mount Carmel Italian Feast in Verplanck to be postponed until Monday night.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Society President Eugene Capicotto said the fireworks show would light up the skies over the Hudson River Monday at 10 p.m.
Meanwhile, the feast, celebrating its 90th anniversary, will continue for a sixth day on Monday as well, with many of the attractions and food choices open from 5 to 10 p.m.
The 8th Street party is the longest running Italian feast in the tri-state area. All proceeds are donated to charitable causes and organizations.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Cortlandt Woman, 25, Is Charged With DWI
- 3 Two Women, Man Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 4 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 5 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester