VERPLANCK, N.Y. – Sunday's thunderstorms forced the show-stopping fireworks display at the Our Lady of Mount Carmel Italian Feast in Verplanck to be postponed until Monday night.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Society President Eugene Capicotto said the fireworks show would light up the skies over the Hudson River Monday at 10 p.m.
Meanwhile, the feast, celebrating its 90th anniversary, will continue for a sixth day on Monday as well, with many of the attractions and food choices open from 5 to 10 p.m.
The 8th Street party is the longest running Italian feast in the tri-state area. All proceeds are donated to charitable causes and organizations.
- 1 Croton Man Charged After Crashing Boat Into Verplanck Sea Wall
- 2 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Is No Longer At Hospital
- 3 Rape Victim From Montrose Details Obstacles She Faced Securing Justice
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Police Make Second Cortlandt BWI Arrest Over Holiday Weekend