VERPLANCK, N.Y. – Sunday's thunderstorms forced the show-stopping fireworks display at the Our Lady of Mount Carmel Italian Feast in Verplanck to be postponed until Monday night.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Society President Eugene Capicotto said the fireworks show would light up the skies over the Hudson River Monday at 10 p.m.
Meanwhile, the feast, celebrating its 90th anniversary, will continue for a sixth day on Monday as well, with many of the attractions and food choices open from 5 to 10 p.m.
The 8th Street party is the longest running Italian feast in the tri-state area. All proceeds are donated to charitable causes and organizations.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Cortlandt Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Cortlandt
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Man Charged With DWI In Briarcliff Wrong-Way Crash