DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. – Westchester County Executive Robert P. Astorino is expected to announce Tuesday that the county will begin participating in the ProAct Prescription Drug Discount Program. A press conference is scheduled for 10 a.m. at Cary’s Pharmacy in Dobbs Ferry.
Effective immediately, ProAct will begin mailing discount cards to all Westchester County households. The cards enable users to receive discounts of 10 to 20 percent on name brand drugs, and 20 to 70 percent on generic medications. ProAct discount cards are meant to assist people who are uninsured or underinsured.
Most Westchester County pharmacies accept ProAct. Nationwide - more than 56,000 pharmacies accept ProAct. Westchester joins the more than half the counties in New York State are participating in the ProAct program.
The discounts do not come with a cost to the county or to residents, and are possible by ProAct’s large-scale negotiated rates with participating pharmacies.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Cortlandt Skies Sunday
- 2 Cortlandt Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 69-Year-Old Attacked, Injured In Putnam Valley Home Invasion
- 5 Cortlandt Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend