DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. – Westchester County Executive Robert P. Astorino is expected to announce Tuesday that the county will begin participating in the ProAct Prescription Drug Discount Program. A press conference is scheduled for 10 a.m. at Cary’s Pharmacy in Dobbs Ferry.
Effective immediately, ProAct will begin mailing discount cards to all Westchester County households. The cards enable users to receive discounts of 10 to 20 percent on name brand drugs, and 20 to 70 percent on generic medications. ProAct discount cards are meant to assist people who are uninsured or underinsured.
Most Westchester County pharmacies accept ProAct. Nationwide - more than 56,000 pharmacies accept ProAct. Westchester joins the more than half the counties in New York State are participating in the ProAct program.
The discounts do not come with a cost to the county or to residents, and are possible by ProAct’s large-scale negotiated rates with participating pharmacies.
- 1 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Man Charged With DWI After Head-On Collision On Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 4 Stoneleigh Avenue Crash Victim Seriously Injured
- 5 Cortlandt Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night