DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. – Westchester County Executive Robert P. Astorino is expected to announce Tuesday that the county will begin participating in the ProAct Prescription Drug Discount Program. A press conference is scheduled for 10 a.m. at Cary’s Pharmacy in Dobbs Ferry.
Effective immediately, ProAct will begin mailing discount cards to all Westchester County households. The cards enable users to receive discounts of 10 to 20 percent on name brand drugs, and 20 to 70 percent on generic medications. ProAct discount cards are meant to assist people who are uninsured or underinsured.
Most Westchester County pharmacies accept ProAct. Nationwide - more than 56,000 pharmacies accept ProAct. Westchester joins the more than half the counties in New York State are participating in the ProAct program.
The discounts do not come with a cost to the county or to residents, and are possible by ProAct’s large-scale negotiated rates with participating pharmacies.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home