This story has been updated
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- New Castle police issued an alert Monday for a 15-year-old boy who has gone missing.
The teen, who is missing from Carriage Hill Road, was last seen on Inningwood Road at 9:30 a.m. and walking towards Pinesbridge Road, according to New Castle police.
The area is located in the West End of town.
The boy has been identified as Gregory McCarthy, a student in the Ossining School District.
Ossining Superintendent Raymond Sanchez identified McCarthy in a community email that included his physical description and a photo.
"We have been informed by the Police that an Ossining student Gregory McCarthy is missing. It appears that he left his home earlier today and has not returned at this time," Sanchez wrote in the email.
He also urged people to contact New Castle Police if they have information.
The Village of Ossining's police department, which sent out its own alert, stated that he is autistic.
The boy, according to a New Castle police description, is 5-foot-8 tall, weighs 160 pounds, and is wearing a blue V-neck shirt that has a horizontal stripe, along with sweatpants.
Anyone with information should call police at 914-238-4423.
This story was posted on June 30, 2014 and has been updated.
- 1 Cortlandt Man Charged After Being In Possession Of Drugs, Counterfeit Bills
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 5 WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi Of Stamford Dies At 49