PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- A 23-year-member of the Peekskill Police Department was found dead in his home on Saturday.
Mayor Frank Catalina announced the death of Chris Vazeos, a Peekskill resident who graduated from Peekskill High School.
"If you've been around Peekskill for 23 years or less, you probably had contact with Chris," Catalina said on his Facebook page. "He was everywhere helping, protecting and saving lives and property. There are no words to soften this blow. Our thoughts and prayers to his loving mother Maria and the rest of his family. Rest in peace my friend."
The Westchester County Office of the Medical Examiner said Vazos, 49, died of a self inflicted gunshot wound in his home at 7 Welcher Ave. according to LoHud.
Police were still investigating the incident.
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Cortlandt Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'