PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- A 23-year-member of the Peekskill Police Department was found dead in his home on Saturday.
Mayor Frank Catalina announced the death of Chris Vazeos, a Peekskill resident who graduated from Peekskill High School.
"If you've been around Peekskill for 23 years or less, you probably had contact with Chris," Catalina said on his Facebook page. "He was everywhere helping, protecting and saving lives and property. There are no words to soften this blow. Our thoughts and prayers to his loving mother Maria and the rest of his family. Rest in peace my friend."
The Westchester County Office of the Medical Examiner said Vazos, 49, died of a self inflicted gunshot wound in his home at 7 Welcher Ave. according to LoHud.
Police were still investigating the incident.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home