WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Blue Ribbon panel set up by the Metropolitan Transit Authority has released a report berating Metro-North for maintenance problems and the lack of a safety culture, according to amny.com.
The panel was set up prior to the the fatal derailment in the Bronx to investigate the commuter rail after a derailment on the New Haven line that injured dozens and an extended power outage, amny.com said.
The Panel also concluded that "fundamental rebuilding" within Metro-North needs to take place, amny.com reported.
- 1 Investigators Awaiting Toxicology Report In Death Of Croton's Lacey Carr
- 2 Lockout Lifted At Peekskill Schools After Shooting Reported In Area
- 3 Car Goes Over Guardrail, Down Embank In Cortlandt
- 4 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 5 Suspect In Custody In One Of Two Peekskill Shootings