NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Westchester County Health Department employees and fleet vehicles can continue to park in the New Roc City parking garage to work at a nearby office building after a unanimous approval by the New Rochelle City Council this month.
“This is modified to reflect a small footprint that the Department of Health has in the office building, but in other respects is basically an extension of our agreement,” New Rochelle Mayor Noam Bramson said during the council’s special meeting Aug 7.
The number of spaces has been reduced from 239 to no less than 100 but no more than 150 with the new parking agreement between GHP Office Realty and the city. The agreement runs through Dec. 31, 2017.
The county Health Department needs the spaces since it recently renewed its lease with GHP for its offices in the building at 145 Huguenot St. Its authorization to use the New Roc City parking garage was set to expire Aug. 31.
Employees will be able to park in the garage at a special rate Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Employees will continue to need a parking permit.
GHP and the city began an agreement for county health employees in 1997. The agreement for parking in the New Roc City garage was renewed in 2004.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 5 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend