PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Metropolitan Transit Authority Police are investigating the death of a man who was struck by train in Peekskill early this morning.
According to MTA spokeswoman Marjorie Anders at 3:42 a.m. a Hispanic man in his mid-30s was struck by a 1:50 a.m. Hudson Line train traveling local from Grand Central to Poughkeepsie.
The body was removed at 5:26 a.m. A rescue train from the Croton Harmon Station picked up the 25 customers, who were on the move at 4:27 a.m., according to Anders.
Anders said the man was a trespasser. According to Anders, the man was walking north along the tracks and was hit from behind. Anders said the man did not have any identification on him.
- 1 Father Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Thanks Community For Support
- 2 Croton Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Man Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth In Westchester Bust
- 4 Cortlandt Man Charged With Felony DWI Because Of Previous Offense
- 5 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History