PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Metropolitan Transit Authority Police are investigating the death of a man who was struck by train in Peekskill early this morning.
According to MTA spokeswoman Marjorie Anders at 3:42 a.m. a Hispanic man in his mid-30s was struck by a 1:50 a.m. Hudson Line train traveling local from Grand Central to Poughkeepsie.
The body was removed at 5:26 a.m. A rescue train from the Croton Harmon Station picked up the 25 customers, who were on the move at 4:27 a.m., according to Anders.
Anders said the man was a trespasser. According to Anders, the man was walking north along the tracks and was hit from behind. Anders said the man did not have any identification on him.
- 1 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 2 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash On Sprain Brook
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield