WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - Metro-North announced at 9:45 p.m. Thursday that power has been restored and trains have returned to service with delays following signal issues that stopped trains.
Passengers on the stopped trains were stranded on the rails since about 7:45 p.m., Metro-North said.
Trains were running on all lines -- New Haven (Conn.), Hudson and Harlem -- except on the Danbury (Conn.) branch, it said.
The trains were running on delays and with huge backups in the system.
All trains and services had been halted after the computer system that controls the trains went down at about 7:45 p.m.
- 1 Popeyes Pub In Cortlandt Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 2 Croton-on-Hudson Boy Receives Assistance Dog From Canine Companions
- 3 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 4 Erratic Vehicle Complaint Results In Corlandt Man's Arrest
- 5 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case Involving Mohegan Lake Pet Shop Owner