WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - Metro-North announced at 9:45 p.m. Thursday that power has been restored and trains have returned to service with delays following signal issues that stopped trains.
Passengers on the stopped trains were stranded on the rails since about 7:45 p.m., Metro-North said.
Trains were running on all lines -- New Haven (Conn.), Hudson and Harlem -- except on the Danbury (Conn.) branch, it said.
The trains were running on delays and with huge backups in the system.
All trains and services had been halted after the computer system that controls the trains went down at about 7:45 p.m.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 5 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend