WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - Metro-North announced at 9:45 p.m. Thursday that power has been restored and trains have returned to service with delays following signal issues that stopped trains.
Passengers on the stopped trains were stranded on the rails since about 7:45 p.m., Metro-North said.
Trains were running on all lines -- New Haven (Conn.), Hudson and Harlem -- except on the Danbury (Conn.) branch, it said.
The trains were running on delays and with huge backups in the system.
All trains and services had been halted after the computer system that controls the trains went down at about 7:45 p.m.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Knife-Wielding Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan In Cortlandt, Police Say
- 5 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents