WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. — Mary Richardson Kennedy's eldest son, Conor, appeared in Surrogate’s Court Wednesday and will likely be named administrator of her estate, according to a report by the Associated Press.
Conor Kennedy’s lawyer said that his client turned 18 on Tuesday, so he is now legally able to petition to be an administrator, the report stated.
According to the report, a judge said that he will most likely approve the application, and the lawyer for his father, Mary's ex-husband, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., did not object.
Mary Kennedy’s divorce lawyers, who said they are owed more than $278,000, are petitioning to get a public administrator appointed rather than allow for the possibility that RFK Jr. might become administrator, according to a report by The Wall Street Journal.
The AP reported that Mary Kennedy’s sister Martha Richardson, who was also in court but did not go before the judge, said she has not decided whether she will challenge her nephew’s application.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home