NEW YORK, N.Y. -- A jury convicted a Brooklyn man Wednesday morning of pushing a New York Police Dept. officer and Cortlandt resident to his death in 2011.
George Villanueva, 42, was found guilty of aggravated manslaughter but not guilty of intentionally murdering Alain Schaberger, according to published reports.
Schaberger was thrown from a staircase by Villanueva on March 13, 2011 while resisting arrest in a domestic violence case.
Villanueva faces a maximum of 25 years to life in prison because he had at least six prior felony convictions when he committed the crime, according to published reports.
Schaberger had previously served in the Navy from 1991 to 2001 and and had been a New York City police officer since July of 2001. A tree was planted in his memory at Cortlandt Town Hall in April of 2011.
- 1 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 2 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Pornography Charges
- 3 Montrose, Verplanck Affected By Water Main Break
- 4 Indian Point Security Drills Will Include Sounds Of Gunfire
- 5 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M