OSSINING, N.Y -- The plan to hunt deer over four nights on Ossining's Teatown Lake Reservation due to their overabundance has been allowed to move forward, according to LoHud.com.
A state judge blocked a temporary restraining order filed by two residents who say they are within rifle range of the area, the report said.
Teatown procured all the necessary permits and had sent a letter to its neighbors explaining the situation and the safety precautions that will be taken, according to the report. A date for the hunt has not been set.
Read the full article here.
- 1 Firefighter Suffers Injury Battling House Fire In Montrose
- 2 Police Chase, Apprehend Robber At Cortlandt Town Center
- 3 Peekskill Police Charge Bicycle-Riding Teen In Gas Station Robbery
- 4 Peekskill Girl Charged With Petty Larceny After Shoplifting
- 5 Hen Hud's Phillip Solomon Named 2015 National YoungArts Foundation Winner