BUCHANAN, N.Y. -- Control room operators returned the Indian Point Energy Center Unit 3 nuclear
power plant to service Friday afternoon , Aug. 15 after the plant automatically and safely shut down on Wednesday, Aug. 13 in response to a false electrical signal indicating a change in pressure, Entergy announced in a statement.
The signal caused the reactor to shut down as designed. A faulty electrical relay component was replaced prior to returning the plant to service.
Unit 2 was unaffected by the shutdown and has been online for 150 continuous days.
Indian Point houses two operating nuclear
power plants, Unit 2 and Unit 3, which generate approximately 2,000 megawatts of electricity
for homes, businesses and public facilities in Westchester County and New York City.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home