GREENWICH, Conn. -- Two Greenwich High School graduates who met at Manhattanville College in Purchase, N.Y., put their wedding together in 24 hours so the bride's mother, who has incurable lung cancer, could attend, according to Buzzfeed.
Anthony and Aly Femia had planned to marry in September 2015 but learned that Aly's mother, Mary Quinn, had lung cancer that had spread to her brain and that she had little time left.
Yale-New Haven Hospital staff helped Anthony and Aly organize a wedding at the hospital - including finding and purchasing a wedding dress - so Mary Quinn could see her daughter get married, according to Buzzfeed.
- 1 Lockout Lifted At Peekskill Schools After Shooting Reported In Area
- 2 Car Goes Over Guardrail, Down Embank In Cortlandt
- 3 Suspect In Custody In One Of Two Peekskill Shootings
- 4 Rye High School Graduate Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 5 Tractor-Trailer Carrying Fuel Crashes On Route 6N, Igniting Fire