GREENWICH, Conn. -- Two Greenwich High School graduates who met at Manhattanville College in Purchase, N.Y., put their wedding together in 24 hours so the bride's mother, who has incurable lung cancer, could attend, according to Buzzfeed.
Anthony and Aly Femia had planned to marry in September 2015 but learned that Aly's mother, Mary Quinn, had lung cancer that had spread to her brain and that she had little time left.
Yale-New Haven Hospital staff helped Anthony and Aly organize a wedding at the hospital - including finding and purchasing a wedding dress - so Mary Quinn could see her daughter get married, according to Buzzfeed.
- 1 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Man Charged With DWI After Head-On Collision On Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 4 Stoneleigh Avenue Crash Victim Seriously Injured
- 5 Serious Accident Takes Out Two Lanes On Taconic State Parkway