GREENWICH, Conn. -- Two Greenwich High School graduates who met at Manhattanville College in Purchase, N.Y., put their wedding together in 24 hours so the bride's mother, who has incurable lung cancer, could attend, according to Buzzfeed.
Anthony and Aly Femia had planned to marry in September 2015 but learned that Aly's mother, Mary Quinn, had lung cancer that had spread to her brain and that she had little time left.
Yale-New Haven Hospital staff helped Anthony and Aly organize a wedding at the hospital - including finding and purchasing a wedding dress - so Mary Quinn could see her daughter get married, according to Buzzfeed.
- 1 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Cortlandt; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Cortlandt Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 3 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 4 Storm System Departs Cortlandt, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 5 Cuomo Implements Full Travel Ban, Declares State Of Emergency