CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Cortlandt, Buchanan and Croton last week:
- A 16-year-old Mohegan Lake girl jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge on Tuesday and survived, according to LoHud.com.
- Five Westchester Schools, including Hendrick Hudson High School, were named among the nation's best, according to The Daily Beast.
- Hudson Valley Hospital Center confirmed that it will be pursuing an affiliation with NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital in the latest in a series of hospital partnerships that have occurred in the region this year.
- Cortlandt residents who have Cablevision as their provider are paying the highest monthly bill in the country on average, according to the International Business Times.
- A Blue Ribbon panel set up by the Metropolitan Transit Authority has released a report berating Metro-North for maintenance problems and the lack of a safety culture, according to amny.com
- 1 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Cortlandt Mother Says Westchester County Jail Neglected Sick Son
- 4 Ossining Man Indicted For Selling Drugs In Cortlandt
- 5 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway