CORTLANDT, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Cortlandt, Buchanan and Croton this week:
- Friends of Westchester County Parks has announced Joanne Fernandez, manager of government affairs at Entergy, as its new chairperson of the board of directors.
- Westchester County officials sent a clear message Thursday, April 24, that the county isn't giving up $5.2 million dollars in federal grants without a fight
- New York State Police reportedly kept quiet about drugs and other evidence that was lost out of the Hawthorne barracks in 2011, according to the Albany Times Union.
- Several passing motorists helped rescue a 20-year-old Armonk man who attempted to jump off of the Tappan Zee Bridge.
- A multi-vehicle accident in Katonah on I-684 south shut down all lanes between exit 7 and exit 5 on Thursday afternoon for nearly two hours.
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Cortlandt Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'