CORTLANDT, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Cortlandt, Buchanan and Croton this week:
- Friends of Westchester County Parks has announced Joanne Fernandez, manager of government affairs at Entergy, as its new chairperson of the board of directors.
- Westchester County officials sent a clear message Thursday, April 24, that the county isn't giving up $5.2 million dollars in federal grants without a fight
- New York State Police reportedly kept quiet about drugs and other evidence that was lost out of the Hawthorne barracks in 2011, according to the Albany Times Union.
- Several passing motorists helped rescue a 20-year-old Armonk man who attempted to jump off of the Tappan Zee Bridge.
- A multi-vehicle accident in Katonah on I-684 south shut down all lanes between exit 7 and exit 5 on Thursday afternoon for nearly two hours.
- 1 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 2 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York