OSSINING, N.Y. -- Ossining's Saniya Chong, a freshman at the University of Connecticut, has been selected as the American Athletic Conference Freshman of the Week, it was announced on Monday. Chong won the award for the first time this season.
Chong averaged 12.0 points and 7.0 rebounds in a 2-0 week for the Huskies, which included her second and third starts of the season. Chong also dished-out eight assists and turned the ball over only once in 65 minutes of action over two games.
Chong got the week started with a 17-point, 10-rebound effort in Wednesday's win over UCF. Chong was 7-for-13 from the floor, dished-out three assists and the double-double was the first of her career. She followed that up with seven points and five assists in the win at Houston on Saturday.
Chong is averaging 5.9 points per game and has dished-out 52 assists against only 19 turnovers in 27 games this season.
The Huskies return to action on Tuesday, Feb. 25 when the team takes on SMU in Dallas.
- 1 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death
- 2 Worker At Cortlandt Pub Faces Underage Drinking Charge
- 3 Cortlandt Man Charged With Threatening Group With A Knife
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Ossining Man Indicted For Selling Drugs In Cortlandt