This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Route 9A in Briarcliff Manor was closed for nearly 12 hours after a fatal multi-vehicle accident that occurred late Tuesday afternoon.
Westchester County Police confirmed that the accident occurred after a tractor trailer veered into oncoming traffic.
The accident, at Pleasantville Road, was reported at approximately 3:50 p.m.
The ramp to the northbound Taconic State Park also was closed as a result of the accident and the ongoing investigation at the scene being led by Mount Pleasant Police.
According to LoHud, a tarp covered a red Acura whose driver was killed. A black Toyota Prius was also involved in the accident, according to LoHud. The injured were taken to a hospital.
The accident caused severe traffic on Route 9A with southbound traffic being rerouted through Pleasantville Road in Briarcliff and northbound traffic exiting at Route 117. Heavy traffic also occurred on 9A North heading into Ossining.
Sam Barron contributed to this report.
- 1 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death
- 2 Worker At Cortlandt Pub Faces Underage Drinking Charge
- 3 Cortlandt Man Charged With Threatening Group With A Knife
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Ossining Man Indicted For Selling Drugs In Cortlandt