SOMERS, N.Y. – A memorial service will be held Saturday at St. Luke's Episcopal Church for Alexander Bergman, 23, of Somers, who died Sunday, July 8, in a pool accident at a friend's home in Ridgefield, Conn.
Alex was the only son of Dale and Gail Bergman of Somers. Survivors, in addition to his parents, are his grandfather, Calvin Dietz; several aunts and uncles, Ruth Ann and Cliff Bergman, Cheryl and Tony Lupia, and Craig Dietz, as well as nine cousins.
Bergman played lacrosse and football at North Salem High School. He graduated in 2007 and was awarded a National Merit Scholarship. He was also a Boy Scout, earned a black belt in Kenpo karate and played the piano.
During his college summers, Bergman worked as a counselor at Somers’ Summer Trails Day Camp and at Camp Kiwi. He attended Boston College and was working at the J & J Pharmacy in Teaneck, N.J.
The family will receive friends on Friday, July 13, from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. at Clark Associates Funeral Home, 4 Woods Bridge Road, Katonah. The memorial service will be held at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church on Route 100 in Somers.
In lieu of flowers, the family would appreciate donations in memory of Alex and his dog, Kip, to Guiding Eyes for the Blind, 611 Granite Springs Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598.
- 1 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death
- 2 Worker At Cortlandt Pub Faces Underage Drinking Charge
- 3 Cortlandt Man Charged With Threatening Group With A Knife
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash