WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Anthony Bella joined family and friends at the Ballard Durand Funeral Home in White Plains Monday evening to mourn the loss of Steven Ercolino, 41, who was shot and killed Friday by a former co-worker in front of the Empire State Building.
Bella is Ercolino’s uncle, he said as he left the funeral home at 2 Maple Ave. The funeral home is hosting the wake from 5 to 9 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday, the family will hold a burial at Our Lady of Sorrows Church at 11 a.m.
“The father and mother are both besides themselves,” he said.
Phil Andiloro, a friend of Ercolino’s brother Paul, said he didn’t know Steven Ercolino but sympathized with the family.
“It’s heartbreaking for a young guy like that to go the way he did,” Andiloro said. “You try to comfort the family, but you can’t in times like this, it’s not possible; especially the way he was gunned down like that. It’s unbelievable, you just can’t fathom.”
Ercolino was shot in the head by a disgruntled former co-worker, Jeffrey Johnson, Friday morning on his way to work. The gunman was later shot by police.
- 1 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 2 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation