CORTLANDT, N.Y. – A Cortlandt woman has written a book to help people with grieving and healing, and was inspired by her own journey after the death of her daughter.
Deb Carlin Pohill’s book, “Love Honor Celebrate: A Mother’s Journey of Transition," was published in October. Her daughter, Cait Chivonne, 28, died suddenly in 2011. She was a beauty pageant contestant, a 2001 graduate of Walter Panas High School and worked as a legal assistant in a New York City law firm. She was a Peekskill native and lived in the Riverdale section of the Bronx.
A description of Carlin Pohill’s book on Amazon.com says the book is ”one mother's story and first-hand account of the most profound loss of her life and how she chose to handle it. It is a story of remarkable faith and tremendous inspiration. Deb reveals how the human spirit, via an open heart, can face a seemingly insurmountable devastation, yet continue to live, love and grow.”
The book can be purchased through online booksellers such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble and ibook. The book features songs and poetry written by Polhill and inspired by her daughter. The book is also available by calling 1-888-739-8513.
- 1 Cortlandt Man Charged After Being In Possession Of Drugs, Counterfeit Bills
- 2 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery
- 3 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 5 Serious Accident Reported On Taconic State Parkway