WESTCHESTER, N.Y. — New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has announced that, due to the accelerating severity of Winter Storm Nemo and the expected heavy snowfall accumulations, Metro-North Railroad will suspend all service, effective 10 p.m. Friday.
The move, said Cuomo, is to reduce the likelihood of stranded trains and to begin snow-clearing operations. The suspension of service will continue until further notice.
In addition, Grand Central Terminal will close after the last trains arrive at about midnight.
Customers are advised to limit travel or stay home if possible.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Hen Hud Schools Will Be Closed, Croton Schools Will Have Early Dismissal
- 2 Taconic State Parkway Reopens After Closure In Dutchess
- 3 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 4 Cortlandt Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Early Morning Shooting At Pub In Cortlandt Manor Under Investigation