CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Cortlandt, Buchanan and Croton last week:
- Croton-on-Hudson was ranked the 13th safest place to live in New York by home security vendor Safe Choice Security.
- Tamara Carter, a Cortlandt Manor mother, claims her son, Brandon Rodriguez caught a mysterious illness while incarcerated at the Westchester County Jail, according to a report by News 12 Westchester.
- The New York State Department of Health is advising parents and health care providers to be aware of the signs and symptoms of a serious respiratory illness known as enterovirus EV-D68, which has now been confirmed in more than a dozen children in New York State.
- New York State Police from the Cortlandt barracks charged Robert W. Kilichowski, of Verplanck, with first-degree identity theft, officials said.
- Longtime co-owner of Dante's III Dante Renzi confirmed the sale of the deli to Sam Lee and the timeline to the change. Renzi and his wife, Judy, have owned the deli for 16 years, he said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.