CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. - Croton's Blue Pig Ice Cream shop reopened under normal business hours Friday after owner Lisa Moir was hospitalized for an arm injury.
Peter Lavery, a friend of Moir's and a Croton resident, said Moir suffered a broken arm and will make a full recovery.
Moir was taken to Westchester Medical Center for treatment after the accident. The shop reopened after a Department of Health inspection and will be open for normal business hours.
Croton Police said they received a call at 2:39 p.m. Thursday afternoon. Croton Fire Department also responded to the scene.
The ice cream machine that injured Moir is being replaced by the company, according to Michael Grant, owner of the Black Cow.
The ice cream store has gained popularity in the village for serving seasonal, homemade, natural ice creams and popsicles. The store was purchased by Moir in 2010 after being run by two different owners, including Grant.
- 1 Man Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth In Westchester Bust
- 2 Cortlandt Man Charged With Felony DWI Because Of Previous Offense
- 3 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 4 9-, 11-Year-Old Mohegan Lake Boys Charged In Burglaries
- 5 Man Is Charged With Shooting Arrows At Mohegan Lake Adult Home Employee