CROTON-ON-HUSON, N.Y. – A Croton home was burglarized Thursday night and police believe it took place at approximately 6 p.m. A Lounsbury Road resident came home to find her back door forced open, and a fire proof box missing from her master bedroom.
The homeowner is still assessing the total value of stolen goods from the master bedroom. Based on what appears to be minimal missing items, the homeowner said they believe they could have interrupted the burglars when they arrived home, effectively scaring them away, according to police.
This burglary comes on the heels of several car larcenies in the Croton and Ossining area. Unlocked cars have been rummaged through in the night. The thieves take loose items, like wallets, iPods and other electronics, police said.
Residents are being advised to lock their doors when they leave home, lock their vehicles when they are not nearby, and to report suspicious activity to Croton Police.
Residents with information specific to the burglary on Lounsbury Road shoud notify the Detective Division. Croton Police can be contacted at (914) 271-5177.
- 1 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 2 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Sprain Brook Wrong-Way Crash
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield