CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- The village will begin its semiannual hydrant flushing program on Monday, April 21.
Flushing will be performed Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-9:30 p.m. The flushing program is expected to take four weeks to complete.
The Water Department will begin the flushing program at the village well field on Route 129. From there, crews will flush hydrants working toward the end of the village water system near the Croton-Harmon train station.
Residents may notice slight water discoloration as the flushing program moves into their neighborhood.
The discoloration poses no health risk, but residents should call the village Department of Public works at 271-3775 if discoloration persists.
- 1 Father Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Thanks Community For Support
- 2 Croton Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Hen Hud Graduate Contributes To College Softball Team's Success
- 4 Man Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth As Part Of Westchester Bust
- 5 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History