CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- The village will begin its semiannual hydrant flushing program on Monday, April 21.
Flushing will be performed Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-9:30 p.m. The flushing program is expected to take four weeks to complete.
The Water Department will begin the flushing program at the village well field on Route 129. From there, crews will flush hydrants working toward the end of the village water system near the Croton-Harmon train station.
Residents may notice slight water discoloration as the flushing program moves into their neighborhood.
The discoloration poses no health risk, but residents should call the village Department of Public works at 271-3775 if discoloration persists.
- 1 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 2 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation