CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- The village will begin its semiannual hydrant flushing program on Monday, April 21.
Flushing will be performed Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-9:30 p.m. The flushing program is expected to take four weeks to complete.
The Water Department will begin the flushing program at the village well field on Route 129. From there, crews will flush hydrants working toward the end of the village water system near the Croton-Harmon train station.
Residents may notice slight water discoloration as the flushing program moves into their neighborhood.
The discoloration poses no health risk, but residents should call the village Department of Public works at 271-3775 if discoloration persists.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Cortlandt Police Charge Suspect In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 3 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 4 Woman Charged With DWI After Accident In Cortlandt
- 5 Two Charged With Burglary At Cortlandt Elementary School