CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- The village will begin its semiannual hydrant flushing program on Monday, April 21.
Flushing will be performed Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-9:30 p.m. The flushing program is expected to take four weeks to complete.
The Water Department will begin the flushing program at the village well field on Route 129. From there, crews will flush hydrants working toward the end of the village water system near the Croton-Harmon train station.
Residents may notice slight water discoloration as the flushing program moves into their neighborhood.
The discoloration poses no health risk, but residents should call the village Department of Public works at 271-3775 if discoloration persists.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Cortlandt, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Cortlandt; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Cortlandt Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road