CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- The Rotary Community Corps raised more than $3,000 on Friday, March 28, for Rotaplast/Operation Smile in a joint effort with the Rotary Club of Mabalacut in the Philippines.
Monies raised at the Fourth Annual Spaghetti Dinner at Keon Center, 2 John Walsh Blvd., Peekskill, will be sent in memory of Frank Curry, from Verplanck. His niece, an RCC member, wanted to provide that much needed cleft palate surgery to families in need, remembering the effect that a cleft palate had on her uncle’s life. More than 50 raffle prizes, including Yankees tickets donated by the Chiusano Family, were solicited by local volunteer Wendy Kelly for the event. A cake for dessert was supplied by Villa D’oro and Rita’s Ice of Beach Shopping Center provided ice for all in attendance.
The Rotary Club of Cortlandt, the sponsors of the RCC of Keon, were in attendance at this annual event providing back up for the RCC of Keon wherever needed.
The Rotary Club of Cortlandt has worked with sister club the Rotary Club of Mabalacut on two other projects in the past two years.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Cortlandt Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'