CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Cortlandt officials voiced their concerns over the proposed Spectra/Algonquin Energy natural gas pipeline project that would run underground between Verplanck and Yorktown recently, according to theexaminernews.com.
Officials cited concerns about the safety of the town as well as environmental and quality-of-life issues that could result from the pipeline, theexaminernews.com said.
Town officials also voiced their concerns about a proposed 49-foot-tall, 1,000-megawatt high voltage converter station that would be built behind Letteri Field on Broadway, theexaminernews.com said.
- 1 Service Dog Stolen From Car In Cortlandt Town Center
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring