CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Cortlandt officials voiced their concerns over the proposed Spectra/Algonquin Energy natural gas pipeline project that would run underground between Verplanck and Yorktown recently, according to theexaminernews.com.
Officials cited concerns about the safety of the town as well as environmental and quality-of-life issues that could result from the pipeline, theexaminernews.com said.
Town officials also voiced their concerns about a proposed 49-foot-tall, 1,000-megawatt high voltage converter station that would be built behind Letteri Field on Broadway, theexaminernews.com said.
- 1 Father Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Thanks Community For Support
- 2 Croton Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Hen Hud Graduate Contributes To College Softball Team's Success
- 4 Man Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth As Part Of Westchester Bust
- 5 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History