CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Cortlandt officials voiced their concerns over the proposed Spectra/Algonquin Energy natural gas pipeline project that would run underground between Verplanck and Yorktown recently, according to theexaminernews.com.
Officials cited concerns about the safety of the town as well as environmental and quality-of-life issues that could result from the pipeline, theexaminernews.com said.
Town officials also voiced their concerns about a proposed 49-foot-tall, 1,000-megawatt high voltage converter station that would be built behind Letteri Field on Broadway, theexaminernews.com said.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Cortlandt Skies Sunday
- 2 Cortlandt Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 69-Year-Old Attacked, Injured In Putnam Valley Home Invasion
- 5 Cortlandt Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend