CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Cortlandt officials voiced their concerns over the proposed Spectra/Algonquin Energy natural gas pipeline project that would run underground between Verplanck and Yorktown recently, according to theexaminernews.com.
Officials cited concerns about the safety of the town as well as environmental and quality-of-life issues that could result from the pipeline, theexaminernews.com said.
Town officials also voiced their concerns about a proposed 49-foot-tall, 1,000-megawatt high voltage converter station that would be built behind Letteri Field on Broadway, theexaminernews.com said.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Cortlandt Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Cortlandt
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Man Charged With DWI In Briarcliff Wrong-Way Crash