CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Cortlandt officials voiced their concerns over the proposed Spectra/Algonquin Energy natural gas pipeline project that would run underground between Verplanck and Yorktown recently, according to theexaminernews.com.
Officials cited concerns about the safety of the town as well as environmental and quality-of-life issues that could result from the pipeline, theexaminernews.com said.
Town officials also voiced their concerns about a proposed 49-foot-tall, 1,000-megawatt high voltage converter station that would be built behind Letteri Field on Broadway, theexaminernews.com said.
- 1 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 2 Search Is On For Kayaker Who Went Missing In Hudson River
- 3 Police Investigate Assault With Baseball Bat In Yorktown
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Cortlandt
- 5 Erratic Driving Complaint Leads To Taconic State Parkway DWI Arrest