CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Cortlandt officials voiced their concerns over the proposed Spectra/Algonquin Energy natural gas pipeline project that would run underground between Verplanck and Yorktown recently, according to theexaminernews.com.
Officials cited concerns about the safety of the town as well as environmental and quality-of-life issues that could result from the pipeline, theexaminernews.com said.
Town officials also voiced their concerns about a proposed 49-foot-tall, 1,000-megawatt high voltage converter station that would be built behind Letteri Field on Broadway, theexaminernews.com said.
- 1 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death
- 2 Worker At Cortlandt Pub Faces Underage Drinking Charge
- 3 Cortlandt Man Charged With Threatening Group With A Knife
- 4 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 5 Yorktown Police Charge Peekskill Woman With Driving While Ability Impaired