CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Cortlandt officials voiced their concerns over the proposed Spectra/Algonquin Energy natural gas pipeline project that would run underground between Verplanck and Yorktown recently, according to theexaminernews.com.
Officials cited concerns about the safety of the town as well as environmental and quality-of-life issues that could result from the pipeline, theexaminernews.com said.
Town officials also voiced their concerns about a proposed 49-foot-tall, 1,000-megawatt high voltage converter station that would be built behind Letteri Field on Broadway, theexaminernews.com said.
- 1 Man Is Shot By Fellow Hunter After Killing Deer Near Putnam County
- 2 IRS Warns Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Westchester County Police Charge Man, 26, With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 4 Hen Hud HS Swimmers Prepare For State Girls Competition
- 5 Hen Hud Three-Sport Star Amber Feminella Signs With Merrimack