MOHEGANA Cortlandt man was hospitalized with burns Monday after trying to put out a fire in his motorcycle shed, according to the Mohegan Fire Department.
The Mohegan Fire Department was called to a home on Shaw Highway at about 3 a.m. after a mans shed was half-engulfed in flames, said Mohegan Fire Chief Brian Wolert. The Cortlandt man was hurt when he tried to put the fire out before the Peekskill and Mohegan fire departments arrived on the scene.
The owner of the shed was brought to the Hudson Valley Hospital Center.
The shed contained two motorcycles and appeared to also be some kind of chicken coop that housed ducks, said Wolert. Units stayed on the scene until approximately 5:30 a.m. according to Wolert. The fire was deemed electrical and the Westchester County Cause and Origin Team was also at the house.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.