CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Hendrick Hudson High School graduate Harry Weintraub has been named Case Western Reserve University's athlete of the week.
Weintraub, an All-American thrower, earned the University Athletic Association's Field Athlete of the Week award for the sixth time in his career. The senior captain earned the honor on the heels of a first-place performance in the weight throw at Baldwin Wallace University's Mid-January Meet on Friday, Jan. 24.
Last season, Weintraub earned All-American honors with a third-place throw in the hammer throw at the 2013 NCAA Division III Outdoor Championship Meet.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For Parts Of Lower Hudson Valley
- 2 Man Is Shot By Fellow Hunter After Killing Deer Near Putnam County
- 3 IRS Warns Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Westchester County Police Charge Man, 26, With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 5 Hen Hud HS Swimmers Prepare For State Girls Competition