CORTLANDT, N.Y. - The Cortlandt town board instructed staff members to explore a location on town property for an Olympic-sized volleyball court.
"It most likely wouldn't be something we would construct this year because we’d need to accrue more money in the recreation fund," said Cortlandt Town Supervisor Linda Puglisi. The recreation fund is funded through planning board fees and contributions by real estate developers and not any money from taxpayers.
The measure passed in a Tuesday evening board meeting. At a recent work session, Puglisi said it's possible the sand volleyball court could be at Sprout Brook Park or Verplanck's Cortlandt Waterfront Park.
The entire facility would be outdoor and seasonal.
- 1 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery
- 2 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Croton Heights
- 3 Croton-On-Hudson 'Robber Baron' Home Hits The Market
- 4 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 5 Serious Accident Reported On Taconic State Parkway