CORTLANDT, N.Y. - The Cortlandt town board instructed staff members to explore a location on town property for an Olympic-sized volleyball court.
"It most likely wouldn't be something we would construct this year because we’d need to accrue more money in the recreation fund," said Cortlandt Town Supervisor Linda Puglisi. The recreation fund is funded through planning board fees and contributions by real estate developers and not any money from taxpayers.
The measure passed in a Tuesday evening board meeting. At a recent work session, Puglisi said it's possible the sand volleyball court could be at Sprout Brook Park or Verplanck's Cortlandt Waterfront Park.
The entire facility would be outdoor and seasonal.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Cortlandt Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'