CORTLANDT, N.Y. - The Cortlandt town board instructed staff members to explore a location on town property for an Olympic-sized volleyball court.
"It most likely wouldn't be something we would construct this year because we’d need to accrue more money in the recreation fund," said Cortlandt Town Supervisor Linda Puglisi. The recreation fund is funded through planning board fees and contributions by real estate developers and not any money from taxpayers.
The measure passed in a Tuesday evening board meeting. At a recent work session, Puglisi said it's possible the sand volleyball court could be at Sprout Brook Park or Verplanck's Cortlandt Waterfront Park.
The entire facility would be outdoor and seasonal.
- 1 Croton Police Gathering Evidence In Lacey Carr Death Probe
- 2 Service Dog Stolen In Cortlandt
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 4 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital