CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- The Cortlandt Town Board recently killed off a proposed sports field that would have been near a luxury housing project on Croton Avenue, according to theexaminernews.com.
An agreement was reached between the developer and the town to keep the housing development but to move the sports field to a different location, theexaminernews.com said.
Residents opposed the field, saying the 89 parking spots would add more congestion to a road that already has traffic problems, theexaminernews.com reported.
- 1 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Croton Heights
- 2 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery
- 3 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Cortlandt
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show