CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- The Cortlandt Town Board recently killed off a proposed sports field that would have been near a luxury housing project on Croton Avenue, according to theexaminernews.com.
An agreement was reached between the developer and the town to keep the housing development but to move the sports field to a different location, theexaminernews.com said.
Residents opposed the field, saying the 89 parking spots would add more congestion to a road that already has traffic problems, theexaminernews.com reported.
- 1 Route 6 Stretch Reopens After Accident Involving Tractor Trailer
- 2 Police Issue 72 Tickets In Cortlandt Route 9 Detail
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Northern Westchester Estate
- 5 Plane Crashes After Takeoff In Wappingers Falls