CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- The Cortlandt Town Board recently killed off a proposed sports field that would have been near a luxury housing project on Croton Avenue, according to theexaminernews.com.
An agreement was reached between the developer and the town to keep the housing development but to move the sports field to a different location, theexaminernews.com said.
Residents opposed the field, saying the 89 parking spots would add more congestion to a road that already has traffic problems, theexaminernews.com reported.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home