CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- The Cortlandt Town Board recently killed off a proposed sports field that would have been near a luxury housing project on Croton Avenue, according to theexaminernews.com.
An agreement was reached between the developer and the town to keep the housing development but to move the sports field to a different location, theexaminernews.com said.
Residents opposed the field, saying the 89 parking spots would add more congestion to a road that already has traffic problems, theexaminernews.com reported.
- 1 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 2 Body Found In Lake Ontario Identified As Son Of ESPN Writer
- 3 Search Is On For Kayaker Who Went Missing In Hudson River
- 4 Police Investigate Assault With Baseball Bat In Yorktown
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Cortlandt