CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Cortlandt, Buchanan and Croton last week:
- Paul E. Cahan, a 69-year-old Cortlandt Manor resident , has been charged with petit larceny after he was accused of fleeing a Sears without paying for assorted sockets valued at $99.99, Yorktown Police said.
- Alex Gallo, a graduate of Hendrick-Hudson, scored the go-ahead goal to lead SUNY New Paltz to a 6-3 win over Keene State in the first round of the NCAA Division III playoffs.
- The bounty of the Hudson Valley continues to be on full display during Hudson Valley Restaurant Week (HVRW), with some deals extending beyond the set promotion.
- Brian McClellen, who was found on fire while attempting to ride on top of a Metro-North train in Greenwich, died as a result of his injuries, according to multiple reports.
- A 55-year-old man from Long Island was found dead in FDR Park in Yorktown.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.